Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My new found independence!


It was a pleasant day outside and much as I wanted to do something special, than came a special permission to venture out - all alone! I solemnly gathered my hidden courage and decided I would make the best of this opportunity. And I did.

[Info: Excited as I just got my driver's license]

Not far from our house, about ten minutes drive is the Mississippi river on Mud Island. One can only experience the serenity of this place, rather than describing it. So I decided my first drive would be to take a good book w/me, drive to the river, sit there and lazily read the book under half slumber. I discussed my plan w/my husband over lunch (he was concerned). ..We finished our lunch and I dropped him at his work (2 minutes from our home), and I set off for my very first drive. I will never regret for choosing to go to Mud Island on my first drive. It was just splendid. The weather was fabulous with cool breeze whiffing by my face. I parked my car, took my things and sat down on a bench lazily for 45 minutes. Time passed by and I savored every moment of my new found independence, until a trickle alerted me of a possible shower. Deciding that its time to leave, I gathered my small belongings and started towards home. It was raining by now. So, my first drive in rain had also happened....the thought was amusing and fantastic. While I was musing, I missed my turn into the right lane...Having circled the area many a times, my instincts told me I could find another way to reach home...and I was right. I reached home with a genuine satisfaction (& a small adventure).


No comments: